Essential of Computer Organization and Architecture, Second Edition will provide students in-depth coverage of the appropriate core concepts, while still offering the necessary exposure to less critical points. Specifically, in addition to the typical topics covered in this type of textbook (such as data representation, digital and Boolean logic, CPU organization, assembly language, and the memory hierarchy), the authors have included:
- Provides students with in-depth coverage of the appropriate core concepts, while still offereing the necessary exposure to less critical concepts, thus allowing students to see the whole picture.
- Includes the following coverage:
- Comprehensive coverage of I/O, including RAID devices, data compression, and future directions in storage technology
- An easy, yet precise, introduction to cache memories and paging
- Inclusion of various architectures, including RISC, superscalar, parallel, neural networks, distributed and dataflow
- And much more...
- Correlated to the ACM-IEEE Computing Curricula Guidelines!
- Includes a new chapter on Embedded Systems!
- Now Available - A new Intel supplement for students (ISBN 0-7637-3585-X) allows instructors to cover assembly language in more depth
Price: $157.95 (U.S. List)